Friday, March 2, 2007

What IS the question?

My husband, Jeremy, who blogs with me on this site, thinks that the No. 1 existential question people have is "Why are we here?"
I am not so sure. I think it might be more along the lines of "How does this thing called life work?"
So we asked Tracy, the college student who serves us lunch each Sunday at Cable Car Pizza in Fayetteville, Arkansas.
"Tracy," I queried, "What do you think is the most important question people have about life?"
And she said, "Why am I here?"
So, that settles it. Jeremy was right.

I, Peggy, am hoping that we can begin to answer that question, in billions of ways, on our Joys R Us blog. I know, we've named this the Joy-Us blog, because that's what matches our URL: www. joy-us.us

But the working name, I think, will be Joys R Us. That phrase, I think, contains at least a few hundred million of the answers to the existential question, "Why are we here?"

Til next time

No comments: